Author Q&A for Breaking Free: Una Familia Segura
- When creating Anna did you ever play around with the age on her character or did you instantly know she was going to be in her late teens?
I knew she’d be in her teens, but I had her being a little younger at first. 16 worked well though.
- Personally as an inked woman I love it when characters have ink themselves. Is it normal for teens to get ink early where you are from or is it like it is in the states where they really aren’t supposed to have them but they get them anyway?
It’s quite possible to get them, especially for Anna as her friend did them for her! In Anna’s world, before the Porters, nothing really happened like it was supposed to. The law wasn’t really her law.
- How did you create the scenes where sex and rape where discussed and not taken too over the top?
I had so much difficulty with this. I was so scared that I would take it too far. But, I read a lot and I know from that point of you where the limits are. Plus I have awesome friends that helped me J
- Would you relate anyone in your life to the characters in your book? If so who would they be and why?
Ahh.. unfortunately, this is the hazard of being an author. ANYONE can influence a book, stranger on the street, childhood friend, anyone. There are some traits in all my characters of myself, and the people around me.
- So im told you will be releasing your second book here soon…. PLEASE tell me it has the same characters as this one?!?!
Of course! Anna’s story continues in Breaking Free: Learning to Fly, release July 17th.
- How long did it take you to write this book?
I was writing it off and on for around 18 months, but I got super serious in the last 5 months or so.
- What is your top 3 ways to cure writers block?
Read, rant and ramble. I live by that. I have a couple of friends, my Alphas, who will let me ball down the phone at them until I get my inspiration back.
- Who is your favorite character out of all of them… (besides Miss Anna of course)
I love writing Chloe, she’s so much fun! She’s the best friend everyone wants!
- I like to relate books to music so with that being said, if you could create a playlist of at least 10 songs, what songs would they be and who is the artist?
I actually have a playlist for Breaking Free: Una Familia Segura. I have playlist for all my books. Here is 10 from Anna’s first book.
Hurt – Christina Aguilera
Last Resort – Papa Roach
Hope – Twista
Ironic – Alanis Morissette
Fighter – Christina Aguilera
Battle Cry – Angel Haze
The Tourist – Lucy Spraggan
Fireflies – Owl City
Friend – Kaitlyn
Masquerade – Daniel Pearson
- Will there be a third book in this series?
There will be a third book in the series, but it’s a secret for now 😉